Corporations are part of the community to which they provide employment and sell it products. Corporations
realize that they must give back to society a share of what they have earned from it. In pursuance of these
principles CBL seeks to support initiatives that have a lasting impact on national progress in general and
community support in particular.
Some of the actively pursued social welfare projects supported by CBL are as follows:
- We supported the development of the Herbarium Botanical Garden and Play Area at Shah Abdul Latif
- We also supported the Friends of All Pakistan Women's Association (FAPWA) for building schools and
dispensaries for the people of Yousuf Goth, Pariya Goth and Kutchar Kundi near Hub.
- We supported Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) on various projects.
- We have provided financial assistance to needy cancer patients both at the Shaukat Khanum Memorial
Cancer Hospital and Research Centre and the Aga Khan University Hospital.
- We have provided financial assistance to needy patients for eye surgery at Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital,
- For the last six years, together with the office of French Consul General, we have been the sole
sponsors of Al-Mehran Tibbi Imdad, the only charitable organization creating hospices for the terminally
ill poor cancer patients in Pakistan.
- We recently sponsored a three day international symposium on climate change, entitled 'Compatible with
Climate Change', organized by Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur in collaboration with Higher
Education Commission, Islamabad. Above is a picture of the sponsors and organizers of the symposium,
(From left to right) Dr. G. Raza Bhatti, Prof. Dr. Nilofer Shaikh (Vice Chancellor, SALU), H.E. Daniel
JOUANNEAU(Ambassador of France), Mr. & Mrs. Hassan Ali Khan & Mr. Pierre Seillan (French Counsel
- Mr. and Mrs. Hasan Ali khan visited flood relief camps based in Sukkur along with the factory management
to help people devastated by floods. CBL distributed water, milk, biscuits and cooked hot food (deghs of
pullao) to the people displaced from their homes. We intend to continue relief work to help our people
effected by worst natural calamity in Pakistan's history.